What to bring: – For gorilla tracking
Gorilla tracking can be a long and strenuous walk, so some level of walking physical fitness is required. Please be prepared.
- Wear sturdy hiking boots/shoes with good traction, suitable for steep muddy slopes.
- Carry rain gear (water proof rain coat, trousers) because it’s usually wet.
- Sunscreen and a hat, as the weather is unpredictable.
- Carry water and food.
- Carry binoculars-you’ll see much more! You can hire them at the park office.
- When taking photos, remember your subjects are black animals in dim light, and flash is not allowed. Use a fast film (400-800 ASA); overexpose if possible.
- Long sleeved Shirt/blouses
- Sun Cream
- Insect repellant
- Back bag for carrying water/packed lunch.
- Departure for gorilla tracking is 7:30 a.m.
Good manners for gorilla watchers:
- Keep your voice low and quiet. You will see and hear more if you do.
- Don’t point or wave your arms-this can be seen as a threat. Move slowly.
- If approached by a gorilla, back away slowly to keep 5m separation.
Note: Don’t use flash-this could frighten the gorillas and bother other visitors.
General Safari requirements:
- Light safari clothing’s i.e. shorts/sleeveless for the day
- Warm clothing/sweater for the evening
- Anti Malarial/Yellow fever vaccination/Covid19 Negative test Certificate .
- Face mask